CAP ’23 FoE Workshop
May 13th 10-4 at CEC 32 Flag Market, Preston
Come and put heads together to plan events, projects and campaigns!
Free event facilitated by NW FoE staff member Helen Rimmer who did a similar workshop for us last year.
Report of AGM
The meeting went well, the new constitution to allow more people to share leadership was adopted. An interactive session on ‘what would make Preston a healthy environment? followed.
The Committee for this year is now in place.
- Solar COOP FAQ
- December General MeetingNext General Coordinating meeting to be held at 7.30pm on 13th December, 2022. Venue TBC.
- Great Big Green Week!There were many events across Preston for the biggest ever celebration of community action to tackle climate change and protect nature at the end of September Mayor of Preston Cllr Neil Darby who is a longstanding member of CAP welcomed children and staff to the Mayor’s Parlour from some of Preston’s Primary Schools which had…
- Cycling in LeicesterThis short film Leicester by bike reports on a recent visit by UCLAN, Lancashire County Council, Lancaster City Council and Climate Action Preston to learn how the city of Leicester has encouraged cycling
- Preston Climate Emergency CentrePreston’s Climate Emergency Centre, the 17th Climate Emergency Centre in the UK, and first in the North, opened on 13th August. The aim of the Climate Emergency Centre is to provide a space where the people of Preston can come together to learn; discuss how to reduce their carbon footprint, and tackle other social issues…
- Preston Pedals launch videoSee the new Preston Pedals launch video
- Cycling SurveyPlease fill out our cycling survey This short 3-8 minute survey from Climate Action Preston, Sustrans and Friends of the Guild Wheel wants to hear about your everyday cycling experiences in Preston, and what you think would improve this.
About Climate Action Preston
The objectives of Climate Action Preston are to:
• Hold our local leaders, civic institutions and public agencies to account by monitoring and challenging their climate plans.
• Put local solutions into action.
• Raise public awareness throughout local neighbourhoods, working with local groups and the general public to make our neighbourhoods greener and safer for all.
• Work with all communities and across generations to continuously educate ourselves about the challenges and solutions to the climate and nature emergency.
• Focus as much on biodiversity and nature as on the reduction of individual and institutional carbon footprints.
All are welcome! Please email email@example.com to be added to the mailing list .
As a Friends of the Earth Local Action Group CAP has signed onto the FoE Charter.
This can be read on the Resource page.
To be a Member of CAP we ask you to agree with the CAP objectives and the Charter.
If you wish to be a Member, please say so in your email – Thanks!
|Preston Pedals increasing everyday cycling|
|Community Energy Preston|
|Warmer Homes Preston|
|Repair Cafe Preston|
|Children’s Clothing Library|