- Great Big Green Week!Great Big Green Week is the UK’s biggest ever celebration of community action to tackle climate change and protect nature and runs from 24thSeptember – 2nd October 2022 There are many events taking place across Preston, see below. Launch event: Mayor of Preston Cllr Neil Darby who is a longstanding member of CAP will welcome children and…
- Next General Coordinating meetingThe next meeting will take place in person at Preston Climate Emergency Centre, 32 Cheapside, Preston, PR1 2AR. (Flagmarket) 7.30pm Tuesday 13th September All welcome
- Cycling in LeicesterThis short film Leicester by bike reports on a recent visit by UCLAN, Lancashire County Council, Lancaster City Council and Climate Action Preston to learn how the city of Leicester has encouraged cycling
- Preston Climate Emergency CentrePreston’s Climate Emergency Centre, the 17th Climate Emergency Centre in the UK, and first in the North, opened on 13th August. The aim of the Climate Emergency Centre is to provide a space where the people of Preston can come together to learn; discuss how to reduce their carbon footprint, and tackle other social issues…
- Preston Pedals launch videoSee the new Preston Pedals launch video
- Cycling SurveyPlease fill out our cycling survey This short 3-8 minute survey from Climate Action Preston, Sustrans and Friends of the Guild Wheel wants to hear about your everyday cycling experiences in Preston, and what you think would improve this.
- Next General Coordinating meetingTo be held at Preston Climate Emergency Centre, 32 Cheapside (Flagmarket) PR1 2AR 7.30pm Tuesday 13th September
About Climate Action Preston
Climate Action Preston exists to:
- raise public awareness of the Climate and Nature emergencies.
- put local solutions into action.
- hold our elected representatives to account.
- educate ourselves about the issues, working with others towards a sustainable future.
All are welcome! Please email email@example.com to be added to the mailing list and to receive an invite to CAP’s Slack workspace where the action groups plan and organise between the general meetings. Date of next general meeting is: Tuesday 13th September.
Do look on the individual pages and in the Diary to see what the action groups are doing –
To see the details of each event, just click on the item.
Time, place and organiser will then be revealed!